Prelude Music can provide training/workshops and guest lectures.
Here are some of my recent presentations:
C’mon do the Bugaloo: Moving Beyond Traditional Children’s Music.
May 2011, Canadian Music Therapy Conference. Winnipeg, MB
Your Attention Please! Musical Attention Control Training Activities for All Ages and Abilities.
June 2010, 10 Big Ideas for Little People, Music Therapy Association of British Columbia /Vancouver International Song Institute
Harmonious Beginnings: Music Therapy in Early Childhood Education
May 2010, Continuing Education Workshop for Music Therapy Association of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
What is NICU Music Therapy?
April 2010, Guest Lecturer Capillano University, North Vancouver, BC
Nothing to Recording: A Quick How To In Under 10 Minutes
June 2010, 10 Big Ideas for Little People Workshop, Vancouver, BC
Music Therapy for Everyone: How Music Can Aid in the Development of All Preschoolers
April 2009, Guest Lecturer Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
No Diagnosis Needed: Promoting Pro-Social and Pre-Academic Skills with At-risk Preschoolers
2008 American Music Therapy Association Conference, St. Louis, Missouri
Training and Workshops
Michelle is available for training and workshops to Music Therapists, Music Educators, Early Childhood Educators and other professionals and parents. Workshop topics can include but are not limited to:
- How to support special needs students in the classroom
- Music and Literacy
- Using recording equipment in music therapy sessions
- Music and early childhood development
- Music and physical rehabilitation
MUSIC WORKSHOP FOR ECE’S
A hands-on workshop to learn how to use music in your early childhood centre
What is included in this workshop?
Full day training (6 hours)
- Creative ideas on how to incorporate music into your entire day as well as group music activities
- Increase skills in teaching non-musical concepts (gross motor, fine motor, cognitive, social, self-help, and language skills) through music.
- Learn how to incorporate music into story time
- A manual with lyrics to songs, how to effectively lead music activities and a CD of visuals for replication in the classroom
- An instructional CD/DVD for the educators as a reminder of the songs which correspond to lyrics in the manual and how to effectively lead them in their classroom
Who is the workshop for?
- Anyone who works with young children 0-6 years looking for new ideas/songs on how to use music to teach non-musical concepts.
- Individuals who work with children with special needs or at risk children
Training provided by Michelle Lawrence, MM, MTA, NICU MT-BC, a music therapist, music/special educator and creator and developer of Melodies & ABC’s. If interested in participating or hosting the training session, please contact via email. Michelle is available to travel throughout Manitoba and Canada to provide workshops.